- I am undergraduate student. Can I take courses for graduate students?
- No, you can’t. Each course has a designated level. Before you start your application, please check in the table below which level’s courses you can take:
Undergraduate students Master’s students Ph.D. students Undergraduate level Master’s level Ph.D. level Graduate level
- How long does it take to receive screening results once an application has been submitted?
- We will inform applicants of screening results in early April. Check your incoming e-mail settings to ensure that you will receive e-mail from email@example.com.
- How will you inform me of screening results?
- By e-mail. Check your incoming e-mail settings to ensure that you will receive e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I received a notification of acceptance. What is the admission process?
- Please follow the admission process described in the e-mail notifying you of your acceptance.
- Do I have to submit English proficiency test scores to participate in the program?
- Yes. Since courses are taught in English, you must have the English proficiency necessary to understand and participate in the course(s) you wish to take. To determine the level of your English proficiency, it is preferable to submit English proficiency test scores. However, if such scores are unavailable, you must instead attach a certificate of English proficiency written by your academic supervisor at your home institution.
- Can I change my courses after submitting application documents?
- No. As a general rule, we do not accept requests for course changes. Please consider your course selections carefully before submitting your application.
Before submitting your application for admission, please check class hours on the Courses webpage to avoid overlapping of classes.
- Is it possible to change my personal information and other data after submitting the application documents?
- No changes to personal or other information in application documents may be made once submitted. Accordingly, care should be taken to ensure that such information is correct before submission.
- When is the application deadline?
- The application deadline is February 28 2017. (5:00 p.m. Japan Standard Time)
- What should I do if I am unable to submit a Certificate of University Registration (or Certificate of Acceptance) at the time of application?
- Use the Application Document Attachment Form to specify the reason for non-submission and the estimated date of submission, and follow the instructions given by Hokkaido Summer Institute Section staff. For more information, see the Application Guidelines webpage.