Tuition & Other Fees
- To get a program fee waiver, when should I be registered as a student at Hokkaido University (HU)’s partner institutions?
To get a program fee waiver, applicants should basically be registered as degree-program students at HU’s partner institutions at the time of application and during the HSI program period. If you will graduate from your current home institution(A) and enroll in the HU’s partner institution(B) before the HSI program starts, please follow the steps below to get a program fee waiver. 1) Submit the certificate of registration issued by your current home institution(A). 2) Submit the certificate of acceptance issued by your prospective home institution(B). 3) Submit the certificate of registration issued by your home institution during the HSI program(B) before the program fee payment period.
- Should I pay the application and entrance fees?
Applicants in the non-student category are required to pay the application and entrance fees. Current students don’t need to pay these fees. For more information, see the Application Guidelines for Current Students / Application Guidelines for Non-Students webpages or the Tuition & Other Fees Payment webpage.
- I have to withdraw from the program for personal reasons. I have not attended any classes yet. Can I get a refund for the fees I have paid?
Fees that have already been paid are non-refundable. For more information, see the Program & Other Fees Payment webpage.
- How can I pay the program and other fees?
Fees are payable by credit card. For more information, see the Program & Other Fees Payment webpage.
- Can I apply for scholarship?
At this time, there is no open-type scholarship available through the Hokkaido Summer Institute Managing Section. Please check with your university’s financial aid office to see if scholarship may be available to you.