- Does Hokkaido University have accommodation facilities?
Yes. However, dormitory accommodation is not available in the following cases; 1) for stays of less than a week 2) to applicants from within Japan 3) to students applied in the 2nd – 3rd application periods. These applicants must make arrangements for accommodations on their own. For more information, see the Accommodations / Campus Facilities webpage.
- Can I choose my accommodation?
No, you cannot. We will choose one for you in consideration of the status of occupancy and other circumstances.
- Do you have any facilities where I can stay with my family?
No, we do not. If you plan to stay in Sapporo with your family, please make accommodation arrangements on your own.
- Can I access the Internet with my own PC at the accommodation facilities?
Yes, you can. However, some dormitories offer only wired LAN service. For more information, see the Accommodations / Campus Facilities webpage.
- Do the accommodation rates include board?
No. Hokkaido University’s dormitories do not provide meals. However, you may cook your own meals at a communal kitchen inside the dormitory.
- Can I stay at my acquaintance’s house in Sapporo, instead of a dormitory?
Yes, you can. However, you must register information on where you will stay on “My Page.” In case of emergency, Hokkaido Summer Institute Managing Section may contact the place you stay.
- When can I begin staying at a dormitory? Do I have to leave as soon as the program is finished?
The maximum stay is from two days before to two days after the relevant program. For example, if you take a course running from July 10 to 16, the maximum period is from July 8 (move-in) to 18 (move-out).
- What time can I check in/out at the dormitor?
You can check in/out anytime. A residence manager is on site 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- I have to leave the dormitory in the middle of the period of my stay. What procedures are necessary?
Please submit a “Notice of Departure” to the dormitory manager immediately. Dormitory fees that have already been paid are not refundable. For more regulations, please check the “Student Dormitory Guide” which will be distributed on “My Page” before your arrival.
- My friend will also participate in the HSI program during the same period. Can we be allocated the same dormitory room?
No. Room allocation requests cannot be accepted. However, requests from disabled applicants will be considered.