- Can I stay at my acquaintance’s house in Sapporo, instead of a dormitory?
- Yes, you can. However, you must provide information on where you will stay in case we need to contact you.
- When can I begin staying at a dormitory? Do I have to leave as soon as the program is finished?
- You may stay there from 2 days before the start of the program. You must leave within 2 days of the program end date. For more information, see the Daily Life webpage.
- I have to leave the dormitory in the middle of the period of my stay. What procedures are necessary?
- Please submit a “Notice of Departure” to the dormitory manager immediately. Dormitory fees that have already been paid are not refundable. For more regulations, please check the “Student Dormitory Guide” which will be distributed before your arrival.
- My friend will also participate in the HSI program during the same period. Can we be allocated the same dormitory room?
- No. Room allocation requests cannot be accepted. However, requests from disabled students will be considered.
- Does Hokkaido University have accommodation facilities?
- Yes. However, these facilities are for students from overseas universities and other educational institutes. Since the facilities are dormitories for international students, students from within Japan cannot stay there and must make arrangements for accommodations on their own. For more information, see the Accommodations webpage.
- Can I choose my accommodation?
- No, you cannot. We will choose one for you in consideration of the status of occupancy and other circumstances.
- Do you have any facilities where I can stay with my family?
- No, we do not. If you plan to stay in Sapporo with your family, please make accommodation arrangements on your own.
- Can I access the Internet with my own PC at the accommodation facilities?
- Yes, you can. However, some dormitories offer only wired LAN service. For more information, see the Accommodations section on the Daily Life webpage.
- Do the accommodation rates include board?
- No. Hokkaido University’s dormitories do not provide meals. However, you may cook your own meals at a communal kitchen inside the dormitory.