- Are decisions on applicant enrollment at Hokkaido University (HU)’s partner institutions taken at the time of application or upon enrollment in HSI?
- We make the decision when they enroll in the HSI program. Accordingly, students must submit a certificate showing their home institutions at the time of enrollment in HSI.
Students who will enroll as exchange students from HU’s partner institutions are waived the tuition fees at HU. Accordingly, they must inform the relevant office at their home institution of their application.
- Are application and enrollment fees payable?
- No application or enrollment fees apply. For more information, see the Applications webpage or the Tuition & Other Fees and Payment Methods webpage.
- I have to withdraw from the program for personal reasons. I have not attended any classes yet. Can I get a refund for the tuition fee?
- Tuition fees that have already been paid are not refundable. For more information, see the Tuition & Other Fees and Payment Methods webpage.
- How can I pay the tuition and other fees?
- Non-Hokkaido University (HU) students in Japan pay by credit card or at a convenience store. For non-HU overseas students, only credit card payment is accepted. For more information, see the Tuition & Other Fees and Payment Methods webpage.